Monday, May 25, 2009

Foam Transport

So I thought I would just talk a little bit about storage. I was using a large tupperware bin with all of my models shoved in and moving around. I have been lucky that nothing has broken, but of course it is not the best way to transport models. With my daemon army, I had magnetized the base of each model and the put a sheet of metal at the bottom of one of the cases. Since the case is too small, I am having to look at new alternatives. The first is foam from Battlefoam.




The above is the foam for 2 Devilfish and 8 drones. Below is a 24 man crew carrier.




So my initial thoughts were that it took a long time for them to arrive. 3+ weeks. So I happy to see that the quality was worth the wait. They are both solid on construction. My biggest negative would be that the Firewarriors need to have their weapons at a certain angle for them to fit. Since I received many of my current models from other people, I have more than a few models that will not fit. The vehicle carrier works well, but only if you turn the attached cannon/sensor to the side. Since some of the previous owners to mmy models decided to glue the cannons on straight, they do not fit as well. I will be trying to get a custom foam made for my pirahna and broadsides. I'll report more then. Overall, I like the product, just be careful what you order.

No comments:

Post a Comment