Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tau vs Space Marines (29 May 2009)

Battle Report for 29 May 2009
Tau vs Space Marines
Capture (3 Bases)

So after a lot of heartache about how to get battle reports posted as well as fighting with the posting interface, I have given up for the two battle reports I need to write, and will start using videos for the next time.

This battle report is for a battle between my 1750 Mech Tau list and a mechanized Space Marine list. Ograloch, the SM player, has beaten me many time, with the dice being his friend a lot of the time. Since this battle was so long ago and I did not get good notes down, I will just summarize and post some of the pictures from the battle.

Note: I am using some battlesuits and empty pedestals for some of my Pirahna since I do not own enough models yet.

Here are the deployments:

Tau Deployment

Space Marine Deployment

Turn 1: Well my first mistake was that I put my HH along the road by his Termie filled Vindicator. So he was able to get right near me, deploy his Termies, and immobilize one of my DF. His Termies attacked and destroyed a second HH Turn 1 goes to the Space Marines. On my turn 1 I was unable to hit anything, and decided to start moving my units out of the way of the Termies. My Tau never have any luck against those guys so it is best that I avoid them for most of the game.

Turn 2: This turn worked out much better for me. I was able to take out the Vindicator (w/Librarian that Ograloch forgot about). I feel bad because we had to take a long break between round 1 and two due to my son needing to go to the doctor. I also took out some of the Termies with a few opportunity shots from my DF. I also was able to destroy one of the weapons on his smaller troop transport using my Pirahna.

Scene after Turn 2

The rest of the battle was mostly avoidance by the Tau, and trying to kill everything from range that I could. There was some fun where I was moving a Pirahna unit and continued to shoot at his troop transport, while the Termies chased them around but could not catch them due to the difficult terrain.

I also moved two of my three manned DF into position to capture the center point. The one closest to my deployment had his transport vehicle and the Termies right on top of it with my Pirahna contesting. The one closest to his deployment area was also contested by a unit of my Pirahna. This left the center. Ograloch had dropped off a unit on top of the center point, which would be the game winning point. I was able to get a single unit of FW to the point and knocked down his unit some. I only carry 7 FW per DF in this list. He was able to kill three of them in CC. I made my role. The second round of fighting between these units left it at his boss with three attacks and my unit with 4 warriors left. He made all three attacks and I was left with one guy. I got lucky on my rolls, was able to do a wound and he failed his save. The point was mine and the game ended at the end of that round.

The loan FirewarriorIt was a great fight and I learned a lot about my list. It was good to get a win under my belt since it had been a while. Next up that night was Eldar. You can read the winner's version here: http://seer-council.blogspot.com/2009/06/saim-hann-vs-tau.html. I will post some commentary and my lessons learned from that battle soon.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. I am glad you post battle reports. It is a tough scene out there for Tau right now. Keep'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap, also just looked at the date, this was from a long time ago, so I guess my previous comment is moot :D

    ReplyDelete